Attorney Jim Filippi is the founder and principal attorney for the Filippi Law Firm. He is a native of Northern California where he was born and raised.
Jim has an extensive educational background, graduating with the following degrees:
- Juris Doctor (JD) from Northwestern California University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Law from Northwestern California University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from California Coast University
- Associates of Science in Administration of Justice from Diablo Valley College
- Certificate in Law Enforcement from Napa Valley College
Jim is also a adjunct professor of law at Northwestern California University School of Law from where he graduated. He currently teaches a multitude of courses at all levels of law school, all helping shape the next generation of attorneys.
Before attending law school, Jim was a real estate broker and mortgage loan originator who spent time educating clients and planning their finances for real estate purchases. Prior to that, Jim retired as a police officer after serving as a crime scene investigator, hostage negotiator and a member of the mobile field force.
Jim is happily married to his wife Courtney and is a proud father to 3 amazing children. He has served as an Honorary Commander with the 60th Aerial Port Squadron at Travis Air Force Base and as a Law Enforcement Liaison with Northern California Concerns of Police Survivors.